- January 31, 2015
- Posted by: admin
ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
“What drives the most successful companies isn’t the money, it’s the mission. And your company’s online reputation has to be a part of that mission in order for you to gain a competitive edge over your biggest rivals.” -Joey Schmitt
WHAT IS ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT?
Your online reputation is your image on the Internet. Online reputation management (ORM) is about improving or restoring your name or your brand’s good standing. This is by countering, weakening or eliminating the negative material found in the Internet – defeating it with more positive material to improving your credibility and customers’ trust in you.
WHY IS ORM IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS?
Potential customers change purchase decisions when they see bad reviews, negative blog posts and comments which can spread in various channels such as in search engine results and in social media networks.
These can gravely affect your brand and your business. That’s why it’s important to have your online reputation monitored and have these negativeness mitigated — while proactively building positive reputation.
DO YOU GOOGLE YOURSELF OR COMPANY AND DON’T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
- 44% of online adults have searched for information about someone whose services or advice they seek in a professional capacity, like a doctor, lawyer or plumber.
- 50% of ALL Internet users over the age of 18 have left a review online.
- 78% of Internet users conduct product research online; they believe reviews are the most credible form of advertising.
- 80% of people surveyed had changed a purchase decision due to a bad review they saw online.
– comScore Local Search Study 2012, MarketingSherpa, PEW Internet, Core Communications.
REVIEWS REPRESENT REPUTATION
Online reviews are crucial for today’s businesses. Several studies show that reviews can greatly impact a brand’s reputation, and consequently sales. They are widely read and can influence people’s purchase decisions. This means rebuilding or reinforcing your online reputation is about the promotion of positive reviews: highlighting what’s good.
- 59% of their users considered customer reviews to be more valuable than expert reviews.
- 60 percent of online shoppers provide feedback about a shopping experience, and are more likely to give feedback about a positive experience than a negative one.
- 70% of Americans now say they look at product reviews before making a purchase.
- 70% of global consumers trust online consumer reviews, making them the second most trusted form of advertising behind earned media like word of mouth.
- 71% of online shoppers read reviews, making it the most widely read consumer – generated content.
- 71% used keyword searches to find products.
- 80% of online shopping time is spent researching products rather than buying them.
- 92% deemed customer reviews as “extremely” or “very” helpful.
- 92.5% of adults regularly or occasionally research products online before buying them in a store.
– BIGresearch, Google, Nielsen, eTailing Group, Forrester, BizRate, JupiterResearch, TechCrunch
WHAT ARE YOUR COMPETITORS DOING?
- They use monitoring tool.
- They aggressively build customer ratings or positive reviews.
- They use press releases and articles to increase positive publicity.
- They are actively engaged in social networks to influence their target audience.
- They are constantly managing their online reputation, which in turn increase their conversion rates and business standing.
- In a test of product conversion with and without product ratings by customers: Conversion nearly doubled, going from .44% to 1.04% after the same product displayed its five – starrating. (Marketing Experiments Journal)
- 63% of consumers indicate they are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews. (CompUSA & iPerceptions study)
- Conversion rates are higher on products with less than perfect reviews (less than 5 stars) than those without reviews at all, indicating that the customer feels that the product has been properly reviewed by other customers. (Burpee)
- 39 percent of those who bought from sites with reviews cite the reviews as the primary factor influencing the purchase decision. (Foresee Results Study)
- 96% of these ranked customer ratings and reviews as an effective or very effective tactic at driving conversion.
- But only 26% of the 137 top retailers surveyed offered customer ratings and reviews. (Forrester)
- User – generated ratings and reviews are the second most important site feature behind search. Retailers who adopt ratings and reviews as a differentiator and retention strategy will gain market share. (JupiterResearch)
THE FUTURE OF ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
Online reputation will become more and more important as online users increase at exponential rates and become more and more connected with each other via various devices and online media.
Online users search for local business via social network:
- 70% read others’ experiences.
- 65% learn more about businesses, brands, products and services.
- 53% compliment brands.
- 50% express concerns about brands, products, and services.
This makes social media a very good venue to build brands, customer loyalty, and word-of-mouth or viral promotion. It is a perfect platform to build your online reputation.
Social media giants are growing:
- Facebook has over 1 billion monthly active users in 2012, up from only 600 million in 2010.
- LinkedIn has 87 million users, welcoming in 2 members per second.
- Twitter has 200 million monthly active users in 2012, surging from only 15 million in 2009.
Expected in 2013:
Acceleration of local search volumes due to unprecedented smart phone adoption.
Expected in 2014:
Mobile Internet users will outnumber desktop computer Internet users.
Social networks continue to grow today and this trend gives people more opportunities to interact with each other, as well as research about products and services on the Internet. The growth in mobile adoption means it will be easier to stay online and leave or read product reviews. Your business can either suffer or benefit from this trend, depending on how well you manage your online reputation.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US AS YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY?
Choosing us means finally paying attention to your online reputation and having someone who is competently capable of managing it for you.
It means you can focus on your core business without worrying about your reputation on the Internet. That’s one concern off your shoulders. And because we have the knowledge and the expertise, you can expect us to improve or restore your image online.
Choosing us means not having to hire and pay extra staff to take care of your ORM. There’s no need to purchase new equipment for extra employees or to pay rent for extra office space. It’s a more convenient and cost-effective way of maintaining your image in the online world.
It also means you will have the opportunity to weaken your negative image by facilitating the publication with more positive reviews. Customers do not buy from businesses they cannot trust. A business that has too many negative comments online is hard to trust. Let us help you turn things around.
You’ll see some immediate results such as the appearance of more positive reviews and comments. However, online reputation management is a continuous process of building and improving your image online. To see the long-term results of ORM, let us manage your online reputation for a minimum recommended duration of nine months.
More and more companies are buckling up for negative social media buzz, which can threaten a brand’s online reputation. You need to be prepared as well. Start with proper ORM for your business today.
SUMMARY OF WHAT WE DO
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
Before we can start ORM efforts for your business, we need to determine the current state of your online reputation. We will conduct reputation and keyword research for you so that we know what appears about your business when prospects search for a particular keyword. Under this service, we can also set up a single blog or a link wheel, depending on what’s more applicable. Content creation may be required but we can also provide that for you.
COMPETITOR BACKLINK ANALYSIS
We will also carry out research to analyze your competition and their online reputation. You need to know where you stand alongside your competitors as this also affects your online reputation. We will use competitive link finder and integrative link placement research tools.
We will create and post positive reviews about your product, service, or business. These reviews are posted in authoritative web properties so that they are able to surpass negative reviews in search results. Our focus is to “push down” negative reviews and highlight positive comments about you or your business.
SMO PROFILE CREATION & OPTIMIZATION
We will set up your social media accounts, particularly Facebook and Twitter.
For Facebook, we can create a personal profile or a business page. We can optimize your accounts with tweets and page updates, by joining groups, and by participating in discuss ions. We can customize your social network account URL in accordance with your branding initiatives.
SOCIAL MEDIA BOOSTING
Imagine SMO profile creation and optimization on steroids. This is a recurring service that will ensure your social accounts will be rich with activity meant to improve your online reputation. Apart from updates, groups, and discussions, we can also acquire friends and followers for you.
We provide on-page and off-page content generation such as press release, article, and blog article, and reviews writing. This content is optimized with the correct application of links, anchor texts and keyword usage. Users like valuable content and so search engines put much weight on content in their algorithms. The more useful the content you have on your web pages, the higher your web pages will rank on search engines and the better your reputation will be.
EXAMPLES OF TECHNIQUES USED:
- Improving the ranking of existing web pages with positive content
- Review building
- Press releases and articles
- Social networking
- Requesting removal of unwanted content or web pages from web masters
- Proactively responding to issues and criticisms before they become difficult to control
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
Online reputation is not just a personal issue for today’s Internet users. It’s also a must-have for today’s businesses. As data suggests, prospects and customers use the Internet to know more about businesses they want to buy from. If all they see are positive reviews, congratulations! Your business is likely to grow because of these reviews.
But if a negative review comes up whenever people search your business name, you better act now. When one disgruntled customer leaves a scathing review online, it can destroy your reputation, your brand, and everything you have worked hard for all these years. All it takes is one negative comment.
With an efficient Online Reputation Management plan though, you’ll be able to reclaim or rebuild your tarnished reputation on the Internet. We will make sure that positive reviews and user comments sink negative content low enough on search results for prospects to ignore. Your brand doesn’t have to suffer just because of one negative review. There are other positive comments about you and your company and those are the reviews yours prospects need to see.
We provide online reputation management for many websites, yet there are some that we do not provide online reputation management for. One such example, is a business or service that has a large amount of negative old reviews, as well as new, on a number of different websites. This tells a lot about the business, and we like to us discretion when agreeing to provide online reputation management for a business.