What Features are Must in a Mobile Commerce App?
- October 18, 2022
- Posted by: Jennifer Davis
- Category: Mobile Applications, News
The increasing number of tech-savvy consumers has contributed to the mainstream acceptance of eCommerce applications. People also found it far more convenient to purchase online ever since the birth of the eCommerce business. And once the epidemic hit, this wasn’t anything that could be considered a luxury. In addition, you may go shopping online without the inconvenience of turning on your desktop computer and logging in every time. Basically, one might say that the rise of smart gadgets, especially smartphones, has led to a flourishing online retail sector. In the last several years, e-commerce applications have become commonplace. Businesses nowadays are capitalising on the preferences of today’s shopper.
With 3.2 Billion active users, the global smartphone industry is ripe with opportunity for e-commerce apps. Mobile web usage has skyrocketed from 0.7% in 2009 to 52.2% in 2018. In 2018, over 93% of millennials used their mobile phones to shop online, and that percentage has only increased since then. In the same year, people throughout the world spent a total of 18 billion hours using just eCommerce applications on their mobile phones. The potential of mobile app development companies in Houston and e-commerce applications together is staggering.
However, there are a plethora of eCommerce applications available, most of which are only surviving while others work really well. In the end, success in e-commerce will depend on how well your app differentiates itself from the competition and provides unparalleled value to its users.
Let’s take a look at some of the most crucial elements of eCommerce mobile app development that will help you take your company to the next level.
Types of Mobile Ecommerce Apps
Before diving headfirst into the world of online commerce and hiring the best app for a mobile development company to build an e-commerce mobile app, you need to figure out what kind of app is most suited to help you achieve your objectives. Think of these categories of apps :
- Discount and Deal Givers : These are several kinds of Mobile App Development Houston that can be downloaded to your phone and are mostly concerned with finding you the best prices on the internet.
- Social Shopping Apps : These are the most prominent e-commerce-centric social networking sites. Pinterest, Poshmark, and Polyvore are three of the greatest examples.
- Humongous Marketplaces : These are giant stores like Amazon, where you can find everything you’re looking for. You may browse the store, make a wish list, provide feedback, share the product on social media, and more all from your mobile device with one of these platforms.
What Features to Consider When Building a Mobile Commerce App?
- Quick and Easy Registration Process : Customers are more likely to join up for a service if it is easy to create an account. Make it easier for customers to sign up by supporting several login methods, including email, phone numbers with OTP, and third-party services like Google and Facebook. Satisfied shoppers are those who can quickly and effortlessly navigate the online store. When using the app is simple and straightforward, users are less likely to abandon the purchase and more likely to make a purchase. Choose the best mobile app development services in Houston and ask this feature in your app!
- Secured Payment Gateway : Mobile e-commerce apps typically provide the ability to make purchases within the app itself. By accepting a variety of safe payment options, you simplify the buying process for the consumer and provide a superior service. This option gives customers a safe and quick way to pay for their purchases. There are a wide variety of payment methods available through payment gateways. These methods include wire transfers, credit card payments, and mobile wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, PayPal, and Samsung Pay.
- Push Notification : Push notifications can inform customers of a variety of things, including the release of new products, the return of previously stored goods, the start of limited-time promotional events, and the launch of targeted marketing campaigns. These little prods may do wonders for fostering dialogue between your brand and its target audience. Because of the immediacy with which push notifications alert users, they excel above email marketing initiatives.
- Product Gallery : A product page isn’t complete without a gallery showcasing many images of the item. Some consumers are wary of making purchases over the internet since they can’t physically examine the goods before making a decision, as at a physical store. You may effectively deal with this issue by providing several images of the object from various perspectives and in various settings.
The advantages to the user are obvious: a gallery allows them to view a product from many perspectives, simulating as closely as possible the in-store purchasing experience. Users may get a better feel for a product with the use of interactive 3D visualisations that allow them to easily rotate the product in any direction.
- Delivery Status Tracking : Checking the delivery status of an online order is a convenient service offered by many retailers these days. Providing this choice improves the quality of the after-sale experience for clients and helps you be more transparent.
The benefit to the user is that they may anticipate when their online store purchases will arrive.
You can’t just create an app and leave it alone. It’s true that there’s always an opportunity for development. The goal of any business owner who has developed a mobile commerce app should be to maximise revenue. Success is more likely if you take advantage of certain options. Take a look at the aforementioned features and decide which one mobile app development near me can help.